Book Blogger Memory Challenge
Posted by BrittneyRz
I saw this over on Perfectly Tolerable’s blog. I didn’t read the post because I wanted to try this first. The idea is to try to answer the questions without looking anything up or looking at your bookshelves.
I do not have the best memory and it is even worse when I am put on the spot, but I thought it would be fun to give this a shot. (I am going to put in bold my comments on how I did. Some of the ones I wanted to look it up to see if I was right).
Here are the questions if you want to play along.
- Name a book written by an author called Michael.
- Name a book with a dragon on the cover.
- Name a book about a character called George.
- Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith.
- Name a book set in Australia.
- Name a book with the name of a month in the title.
- Name a book with a knife on the cover.
- Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title.
- Name a book with a eponymous title.
- Name a book turned into a movie.
- Name a book written by author called Michael – First thing that came to mind was Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton. I haven’t actually read it but that is the first book I thought of.
- Name a book with a dragon on the cover – I am pretty certain that Dance of Dragons by George RR Martin has a dragon on the cover. Heck half the book is about dragons, there has got to be one on there somewhere! (Yep, I was right!)
- Name a book about a character called George – I think that one of the main characters in Of Mice and Men was called George. I read that back in high school. I won’t ever read it again because it really hurt my heart.
- Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith – I am thinking the Book Thief? I swear the author’s name was Smith! (Wow I was super wrong on this one. The author is Markus Zusak. Why in the world did I think Smith!?)
- Name a book set in Australia – I honestly do not think I have read a book that is set in Australia! I am going to have to look up others who have done this tag and find some books set there!
- Name a book with the name of month in the title – (I could not think of anything for this one. I glanced through my shelves and didn’t see anything with a month in the title).
- Name a book with a knife on the cover – One of the Game of Thrones book has to have a knife on the cover! (Or at least a sword which I count as the same thing) (Yeah I was right it the first book has a sword on it).
- Name a book with the word “one” in the title – The Littlest Uninvited One. Sweet book about dogs entering heaven.
- Name a book with a eponymous title – Harry Potter books. They all are named after the main character. (Once I actually knew eponymous meant this one was simple).
- Name a book turned into a movie – End on a really easy one. I could list so many. I think I will go with The Darkest Minds. I just bought that book because I saw the trailer for the movie and want to read the book first.
This one was fun. I wasn’t very good at it but it was still fun to do. Why not give it a shot and see how good your book memory is!