The Mystery Blogger Award
Posted by BrittneyRz
I was recently nominated Mystery Blogger Award by Not-so-modern-girl. Thank you for the nomination. I do enjoy doing these kinds of posts. So without further ado, here we go!
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell you readers three things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice with one weird or funny one.
Three Facts About Me:
1. I was never the athletic or sport kid growing up. I played sports but wasn’t really into them. Though it is interesting how fate works because I recently got a full-time job working for a non-profit that combines poetry and soccer for after-school programming. I have gotten a whole new appreciation for the power of sports. I also love that by having creative and athletic elements in our programming we show kids you don’t have to be one or there other, sporty or creative, you can be both!
2. I am the biggest animal lover. I could spend my whole life with animals. I have a cat that is my best friend and have to use serious self-control not to pet every dog I see. I’m hoping to be able to get a house in the next few years and when I do I want some big dogs, like a Mastiff, Newfoundland or Bernese Mountain dog.
3. I have always been a big reader but it wasn’t until this last year or so that I started paying more attention to what I read. I have enjoyed picking up more diverse books lately. I love noticing that the books I have been reading have more diverse races, religions, sexualities and ways of life. I think it is a great thing to see the progress in the books since back when I was young. There is still serious ways to go but I do think we are heading in the right direction.
What Makes Blogging Exceptional?
I enjoy blogging because I get to explore reading in a different way then I have done before. I have loved reading my whole life and I think blogging gives me a new perspective on some of the books that I read.
What is one thing you wish you knew before staring a blog/site?
I wish I had a better idea of the time involved. When I first started it was to just put my work out there but I then added book reviews. I didn’t have a real routine though. I just posted whenever I felt like it. I think I would have liked to know that having a steady posting routine really helps drive traffic and maintain the blog.
What is your number one favorite movie so far?
My favorite movie of all time is The Lion King. I love the music and the story. I also loved when I learned it was a retelling Hamlet. I also really love that it has no people in it. I think that is an interesting element to it.
Who is your ultimate celebrity crush?
Hmmm that is a tough one. I do love Luke Bryan. I also really like Norman Reedus. I had a serious crush on Tom Felton when the Harry Potter movies were coming out.
What helpful advice would you give to a new blogger?
I think I would say have a general idea of a posting schedule in mind. Also to post what you enjoy writing. If it feels too much like a forced job you aren’t going to want to do it. So write posts that you have fun writing.
I am going to go with a few people who have been interacting with me more lately or are new followers.
The Book World
Velvet Spade Reads
The Caffeinated Chapter
I like some of these but I am going to change up a few.
- What is one thing you wish you knew before starting a blog/site?
- What helpful advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What is a book you read that surprised you with how much you enjoyed it?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is a book you read that fell out of your usual reading genre that you fell in love with?